We're glad you asked! There are many ways to connect to New Hope through serving. We hope you'll find a place that fits your insterest and skills.
Serve one Sunday a month with a lead barista that is experienced with the machine and cart. We'll provide on-the-job training. All team members assist in setup and clean up and do the following types of tasks:
- Greet and take orders
- Prepare drinks, both cold and hot
To learn more, or sign up to serve with the Café, send an email to email@example.com.
Community Groups are an integral part of what we do as a church. They provide people with the opportunity to connect with others, grow in their relationship with Christ, and experience community. We are currently looking for people who are interested in helping in the following ways:
- Group leaders or apprentice leaders
- Host homes for groups
- GroupLink event help
To learn more about serving with Community Groups, or to sign up to serve, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friendly Faces Team
On the Friendly Faces Team, you can help provide a positive presence from the moment people arrive at New Hope. Some responsibilities include:
- Opening and closing the doors on Sunday mornings
- Providing a positive presence in the parking lot for security during the service
- Greeting people as they walk to the building
To learn more, or to sign up, email Ed at email@example.com.
By serving on the greeter team, you will help provide the following:
- A warm welcome on Sunday Morning
- Awareness and willingness to help newcomers locate classrooms, childcare, nursery
- An awareness and willingness to help those with special needs. Examples include finding the Family Room, Nursing Mothers' Room, restrooms, and large print bulletins
Interested in serving on the Greeter Team? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission Quilters holds a monthly workshop on the first Thursday of each month from September-June. If you're interested in helping out, you can
- Sew quilt kits at home
- Join our monthly worshop to cut squares and tie quilts. If you can bring your own sewing machine, you can serve by sewing binding and labels. For more info
For mor information about serving with Mission Quilters, email Jan Cormier at email@example.com.
New Hope Kids (Birth-6th grade)
New Hope Kids offers many ways to serve, including things that can be done at home.
Opportunities that can be done at home or elsewhere:
- Prepare lesson materials
- Bake or purchase snacks
Opportunities to work with children:
- Leaders and helpers for Kids' Hour (birth-6th grade)
- Childcare workers during the service (ages 2-pre-K)
- Nursery workers for The InN during the service (ages birth-2)
- Help with Kids’ Ministry Special events
- Do research for upcoming lessons
To learn more about serving with New Hope Kids, or to sign up to serve, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Hope Students (Grades 7-12)
You can serve with New Hope Students in the following ways:
- Wednesday night leaders
- Special event coordinators
- General support staff
- Transportation support
To learn more about serving with New Hope Students, or to sign up to serve, email email@example.com.
If you're interested in serving with short-term projects, you could consider the following:
- Kids' Week (summer)
- Harvest Party (fall)
- Student Mission Trip (summer)
- Student Retreat (fall)
- Community Open House
- Community Rummage Sale
If you'd like to serve with one of these projects, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities to serve on the Tech Team include:
- Controlling the lighting
- Running sound/mics
- Projecting video, etc
You'll have the opportunity to serve in the above areas for worship services, weddings, funerals, music practices, and music performances.
If you have some experience in the areas above, your transition to serving on the tech team will require little to no training. However, no experience is not a problem as we're willing to train anyone who would like to learn.
To learn more, or to sign up to serve on the Tech Team, email email@example.com.
Terrific Tuesday Meals
Terrific Tuesday Meals provides home cooked meals to East Kent homeless,
families in need, and seniors at New Hope* on Tuesdays in March, July, and
November. We also provide meals to Kent Hope and Vine Maple Place women's
programs. You can serve with TTM in the following ways:
- Kitchen food preparation and cooking (3:30-6 PM)
- Setting up tables and chairs and table settings(4-5 PM)
- Serving beverages (5:30-6:15 PM)
- Serving meals and busing tables (5:45-6:30 PM)
- Washing pans and dishes (5:30-7 PM)
- Tear down and clean up (6:30-7 PM)
To learn more, or sign up to serve, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Meals are also provided at St. Stephens the Martyr Church (in February, April, June, August, October, and December) and at New Beginnings (January, May, and September).
Ushers help set the standard of friendliness for our church as they interact with members, friends, and guests of our congregation on a weekly basis. As representatives of our church, they should be friendly, helpful, alert (watching out for guests and people who need help), and enthusiastic for Jesus Christ and for His church. Ushers serve in teams on a monthly rotating basis. As a point of first contact, they are available to:
- Greet worshipers in a warm and friendly way
- Answer questions
- Give directions
- Help with emergencies
- Ensure that the worship service runs smoothly
To learn more about becoming an usher, email email@example.com.
This list of serving opportunities is evolving, so check back often. If you have an idea about how you'd like to serve, and don't see an option above, send Mike, our Executive Pastor, an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.